Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday

My friend, Carole, posted a 'Thankful Thursday' on her blog Carole Knits this morning, and it inspired me to do the same. The theory is to post 3 things I'm thankful for each Thursday. I think too often we all dwell on the negative aspects of our lives, rather than focusing on the positive. We all have so very much to be thankful for, to feel blessed about ... why not celebrate it? In that spirit, here is my very first 'Thankful Thursday' post!

1.)My family. Immediate family, extended family, Kiwanis family, or friends who feel like family, whatever. I love them all, and feel very blessed to have them all in my life. At the top of the list is the fact that I found a wonderful man who I love, and who loves me back ... and I have four awesome and healthy kids (James, a PFC in the US Army currently deployed to Afghanistan; Jake, a sophomore at UMass Amherst & a member of Alpha Delta Phi; Katelyn, my wonderful first grader; and Mackenzie, my delightful preschooler).

2.) My home. So many people, especially in these times, have no home to call their own. I have a roof over my head, and a place to keep my (too-much) stuff. Seriously, what more can a person ask for?

3.) Friends. I am lucky enough to have some of the best friends in the world. Tops of the list is Shawn, my best friend and my husband. He's always there to support and encourage me, unwavering in his love. Jana, Tracee, Carole, Vivian, Diane, Dianne, Alicia, Glen, Jim, Dee, Dave, the list goes on and on and on. I have friends that I know I could call in the middle of the night with any request & they'd be right there for me, life is good!

Thanks for the inspiration, Carole! I encourage anyone reading who has their own blog to do the same ... c'mon, let's blanket our lives in positive thoughts and count our blessings :)

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted this. I even got to know you a little better because of it. I'm so thankful for YOU!