Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things To Do Before The End of Summer

Okay, let's get right to it ...

1. Enjoy the cooler weather & eat dinner outdoors! We're past the "ewww, it's so hot & humid" stage, but haven't yet entered the "wow, where did I put my sweatshirt?" stage, so get outside w/ your meals and enjoy.

2. Swim in the ocean ... quick! The water temp is dropping as we speak ...

3. Enjoy the beach ... any beach, salt or fresh ... for me, this means spending days at the lakehouse beach. I don't even have to put on my bathing suit and pretend I'm going in the frigid water, hehe. The girls will still be swimming (until they're joined by penguins & icebergs if I let them), but I'm all about enjoying the warm sun and cool breezes.

4. Eat a lobster ... or shrimp, scallops, clams, whatever. Nothing like a lobster (or your other favorite seafood) in the late summer.

5. Read a book ... sit out on your deck, front steps, wherever, just get out there and read while soaking up the last of those rays.

6. Pick out a new project ... I just bought some scrumptious new yarn & can't wait to get started on a few new projects.

7. Make your Christmas list ... it's never to early to put on paper what you'd love Santa to bring you! I love the irony of sitting on the beach and making out a list :)

8. Visit a corn maze. We've done this the past few years with the girls, and it's so much fun! Go while the weather is still warm :)

9. Grab the last of the summer bounty at a local farm stand ... there's still plenty of tomatoes, cukes, and corn to go 'round!

10. Take a walk after you put the kids on the school bus ... take advantage of the free time & the great weather :)

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

A wonderful list. I've thought of a couple of ideas for Christmas gifts and I need to write them down before I forget them!

17th stitch said...

I never thought of a corn maze in September! Thanks for the suggestion... so much better to do it before the frost sets in.