Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Today in Jo's Knitting Land ...

So I've been working on an uber-secret project in a gorgeous green shade of Knitpicks CotLin yarn. I wasn't happy with the way my joins were coming out. Being a fairly new knitter, I've been just joining the new yarn and then weaving the ends in. In doing this, however, my ends always seem to pop out. I don't like that. My uber-secret project doesn't like it either.

To make my knitting happier, I scoured the internet in search of better ways to join (take this to mean that I want to my 2 stand-by sites ... KnittingHelp.com and Planet Purl and looked through their how-to video library). I came up with the 'Russian Join!' Voila ... my kntting is happier, and therefore, I am happier!

Unfortunately I read ahead in the pattern and I see more how-to videos in my near future! Next lesson up ... short rows w/ a wrap & turn.


1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I've never learned the Russian join - you'll have to show me. yay!