Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2010 Knitting ReCap

As you know, I learned to knit in 2010. I've been knitting for 12 months. Can you believe it? I have knit alot of things ... A. LOT. Most have been gifts for people, but a few have been for little old me. I intend to knit alot more things for me in 2011.

Inspired by my friend Carole, I decided I would make a collage photo of (most of) the knits I made during 2010. I say most of because I had an issue with figuring out how to make the collage larger than 5x5 ... so I was limited to 25 of my items. Go figure, I knit more than 25 items in 2010 ... that's more than 2 per month!

So, without further ado, here's the collage ...



Photobucket 

To list them out, I made ... 3 Traveling Woman Shawls (one for me, one for Jana, and one for Alicia); a lace scarf (for Thelma); a Sari Silk Scarf (for Megan); a Moonlight Mohair Scarf (for Kayla); a cotton shrug (for my Mom); four pairs of socks (all for ME); two Mickey skirts (one for Katie & one for Kenzie); two summer tank tops (one for Katie & one for Kenzie); two summer sleeveless sweaters (both for me); a baby blanket (for Taylor); a Baktus scarf (for me); Drifty mittens & hat set (for me); an afghan (for Katie); a hat & scarf set (for the little girl across the street); 7 dishcloths(2 "man" style for Jake, 1 for Nana, 1 for my secret prayer sister at church, and 3 for me); 7 hats (one each for Jake, James, Taylor, Olivia, Collin, Eva, and Jack); and a striped hat (for me)! The official tally comes to ... (drumroll please) ... 39!!!! Holy Smokes!

Now granted, alot of these project were easy ... dishcloths, hats, and scarves ... but hey, I just learned to knit! I'm still working on a sweater (for Shawn) and another pair of socks (for me) that I started last year. I am already planning another shawl (this time with beads knit in) and a pair of socks for each of my guys (Shawn, James, and Jake). I also want to knit a cardigan for myself, but haven't found a pattern I like enough yet.

I didn't have any goals for my knitting in 2010 (other than to simply learn and knit something LOL), but I have formed a few goals for 2011.
1. Knit socks for Shawn, James, and Jake
2. Knit a cardigan for me
3. Knit a shawl with beads
4. Knit myself 2 more pairs of socks
5. Become more adept at binding off and seaming

So, there you have it. My 2010 knitting recap *and* my knitting goals for 2011. Cheers, and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

You've come a long way, baby! All of your knits are wonderful and I'm so proud of you!