Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things I Wouldn't Want To Live Without

So, the caveat to this week's list is that people don't count. Not that they don't *count* ... but you can't use them on the list. Well, there goes my #1 and #2 answer, family and friends! So, with that in mind, I will plow ahead ...

1. Running water ... seriously? Walking to a water source and carrying home a bucket? Yeah, so not happening!

2. Electricity ... we lost power for about 12 hours after the blizzard and that just reinforced my love for electricity! Sure, we could live without it for a while, but I don't want to!

3. Computer ... it's how I met one of my closest and dearest friends, and how I keep in touch with a bunch of friends spread far and wide. So, while I can't use friends for a list item, this is kind of the same thing :)

4. Knitting ... my habit is now one year old, and I honestly can't imagine not knitting! The feel of the yarn, the comforting click of the needles ... yeah, I'm hooked!

5. Books ... whether they be paper and ink or on my eReader, I love to read. I can't imagine life without books!

6. Smart Phone ... I love my droid! I love that I'm connected (pretty much) wherever I go, that I can check in on my favorite blogs while on the road, and that there are so many fun apps! Did I mention that it's a great gadget when the kids are fidgety?

7. DVR ... I love my shows ... Criminal Minds, CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY (are we sensing a theme?), Lie To Me, and American Idol ... there are others, but none more essential than those! I love that I can be out doing things (like bowling or Kiwanis) and not miss my shows. Love that I don't have to have a blank video tape (remember those?) on hand & actually remember to put it in the VCR! Love that I can set a series recording & not have to think about it. Ever. Hmmmm, this might have been better higher on the list.

8. Automobile ... yeah, I could walk or ride a bike. But really?

9. The Lake House ... the most peaceful place on earth. Seriously.

10. Modern Conveniences ... a pretty broad category, with sooo many entries! I don't want to keep my food in a cabinet & have to worry about ice. I don't want to have to wash my clothes in a stream using rocks. I don't want to have to start a fire to cook my food. I don't want to hang my clothes on a line to dry (unless I want to, which is silly). They all make our lives easier, and I love them :)

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

We have many conveniences in our modern world and we have Bruce to fix them when they break. Yay! And also -- those blank VCR tapes? You are bringing back bad memories with that.

dianne said...

Modern conveniences! That's a good one. They certainly are the things I take for granted :-)