Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On the needles ...

I realized that I haven't been blogging as much as I'd hoped ... maybe because we recently adopted a new family member & we've been b.u.s.y. with her! Before I get to my knitting, let me introduce the newest member of the Coles family, Daisy ...
Daisy is a purebred yellow lab and is almost 4 months old. She's growing by leaps and bounds, and everyone loves her beyond belief!

Back to the knitting ...

I finished knitting the body of Shawn's sweater & the sleeves, got the whole thing sewn together & tried to do the collar. Yeah, not so much. I have way too many stitches according to the pattern. It is now sitting in a tote bag until I gather the strength to tackle it again. I have to block the sweater again and then figure out what I can do to finish the collar. I may bring it along to the next spin night for some professional assistance!

I finished my emotion socks ...




I cast on for another pair of socks, using some 100PureWool yarn that I got from my yarn coop. I am using the Show Off Stranded Sock and the yarn colorway is Maceio.
 I decided I had to share a shot of my new JessaLu bag as well. Isn't it cute???

I also have a 'potato chip scarf' on the needles that I started during Lent ... sounded like a great pattern since I'd given up chips for Lent! It's in a lovely Noro Taiyo
and I peck away at it here and there. Won't be needing it anytime soon (thinking positive), so I know it's not crucial to finish it quickly.

I only got 2 takers in my Craft It Forward challenge, but I already have a pattern picked out for one & waiting on a color for the 2nd.

My Bad Moon Rising socks are languishing in a tote bag.
I don't love the pattern, but can't bear to frog them just yet. I may end up frogging them and doing plain socks that will really show off the wonderful colors in the yarn.

Have picked out the pattern for man socks. Will most likely do a pair for him & a pair for James in the same pattern. Might even make a pair for Shawn. Good thing I have 'til Christmas for those!!

I'm also itching to cast on for another shawl. It's like Lay's potato chips ... once you start, you just can't stop, LOL!

I think I'll close with a non-knitting photo :)
Jake's girlfriend went down to South Africa to visit him a few weeks ago & shared this wonderful photo of the two of them ...
I miss my son!!!

2 comments:

Mini said...

awww..cute pup! and cute son ;)

Carole Knits said...

The photo of Jack and the girl is awesome. And Daisy!!! I can't believe I haven't met her yet. We need to fix that really soon.