Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things to bring on a camping trip!

This week's topic is "10 things to bring on a camping trip!" Let me tell ya, I did alot of camping when I was a kid. Ok, it wasn't the 'roughing it' kind of camping ... we had a 35' travel trailer complete with gas stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, and an air conditioner! But it was still camping ... at least in my book. Anyway, I digress ... on to this week's topic ...

1. Shelter ... tent/pop-up camper/trailer, what have you. You'll want to be out of the elements at least some of the time!

2. Water ... life's main essential, don't ya think?

3. Insect Repellent ... I love camping, but I hate the little bugs & critters that go along with it. No fun scratching all weekend!

4. Firewood ... 'cause it's all about the campfire!

5. Hot Dogs & Beans ... nothing brings me back to my childhood like hot dogs & beans on Saturday night. Well, unless it's my dad's charcoal blackened steak and greasy french fries cooked over the open fire. But, again, I digress!

6. Chocolate bars/marshmallows/graham crackers ... what's the point of having a campfire if you're not going to make s'mores?!

7. Chairs ... who wants to sit on a buggy old log? A nice comfy chair, preferably with a drink holder in the armrest!

8. Towels & bathing suit ... doesn't every camping site have a pond or a lake?

9. Books ... reading while camping is a must.

10. Knitting ... 'cause you can knit anywhere, right? :)

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

That's my kind of camping, too!