Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Favorite Places For Online Shopping

Since I do a good portion of my Christmas shopping online (I hate crowded stores & shudder at the thought of venturing to the mall in mid-December), this one was a cinch! Only hard part was whittling the list down to ten!

1. Amazon.com ... pretty much a rule, if amazon doesn't have it, you probably don't need to buy it ;)

2. Lakesidecollection.com ... lots of inexpensive gift ideas!

3. Walmart.com/Target.com ... why go to the store when they will deliver it for cheap?

4. Duluthtradingcompany.com ... my favorite store to shop for my man.

5. eBay.com ... yup, I've been addicted pretty much since the beginning! Much harder to get an actual bargain now, though, you've got to be vigilant.

6. Bestbuy.com ... who doesn't love electronics delivered to their door?

7. Thingfling.com ... while it's quite hit-or-miss, I've found some cool bargains here!

8. Yarn.com ... I love to browse the yarns, just wish I could actually feel them :)

9. Knitpicks.com ... they have sooooo many good things!

10. Darngoodyarn.com ... this site sells recycled sari yarn, which is yarn spun by hand (mostly in Nepal) by women trying to earn money for their families. It's spun out of recycled sari silk ... when the factories cut out the material for saris, the material that is cut off is then recycled. I like that it's a unique yarn & I love that purchasing it helps empower women in the poorest parts of the world.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Some new places for me to visit! Yay!