Thursday, February 03, 2011

On the needles ...

I've been wanting to knit something for myself for a while. Through all the Christmas gift knitting (7 hats and a sweater, which sadly still isn't finished). Through Christmas and New Year's. Through the anticipation of Jake leaving for South Africa.

On Tuesday I took the fuchsia merino blend out of my yarn organizer (thank you again to Babci for that) and did a gauge swatch. Washed it, blocked it, let it dry, then measured it. Spot on! Yay, me! After bowling last night I cast on for this DROPS jacket ...
I'm using a merino blend that I purchased on (gasp) eBay a while back. It will be a bit less "airy" but I'm ok with that. I'm just hoping that I can knit a respectable facsimile of that design :)

I'm also pledging to finish Shawn's Christmas sweater (which only has the sleeves & seaming to go) before his birthday. That's in August. Plenty of time :)

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

That's very pretty! You should finish Shawn's sweater first, though. Just sayin'.