Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Things on my Bedside Table

So, I don't really have a bedside table per se ... but I do have a pull-out shelf in the tower of the headboard. To be completely truthful, that pull-out shelf is *always* pulled out. Anyway, here is what I have on my pull-out-shelf-nightstand ...

1. Sony e-Reader ... I love to read in bed, and my e-Reader is never far away.
2. Tums ... does this really need an explanation?
3. Lip Balm ... hate when you wake up & your lips are all dry and crackly feeling.
4. Water Bottle (or glass) ... I always seem to wake up thirsty, and when it happens in the middle of the night I'd prefer having water within reach so I don't have to trek to the kitchen.
5. Smart Phone ... I leave it here charging, and when I can't sleep I just might grab it & check FaceBook, or play a game or two (or fifty) of solitaire.
6. Foot Lotion ... I have incredibly dry, cracked heels (always have), and I try to remember to put cream or lotion on them every night. Note the "try" part of that.
7. Alarm Clock ... preset with 3 different alarms, depending on whether the kids have school or not.
8. Medications ... I take certain pills every night before bed. I tried keeping them in the bathroom or the kitchen, but never remembered to take them. So I moved them to the bedroom where I remember.
9. Glasses ... I've gotten to the age where I can't read the print on my phone, or the numbers on my watch, without my glasses. I hate getting old!
10. Knitting ... This isn't truly on my pull-out-shelf-nightstand, but underneath it, on top of a basket of knitting books. Sometimes I like to knit in bed while watching TV with hubby, though, and having it handy is nice :)

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Thirsty in the middle of the night? I bet it's worse on Thursday nights. Just sayin.

kathy b said...

Im reading all of you on Carole's blog today. :O
I couldn't keep anything electronic near my bedroom....I get all worked up just emailing people! Water bottle idea, may be a good one for me!