Wednesday, February 02, 2011

When 9 years is like a moment ...

On a gorgeous snowy night back in 2002, on Groundhog Day to be exact, I married my soul mate. Here we are 9 years later and it truly seems like just yesterday. The weather was snowy, then sleety, and now getting cold and we are waiting for more snow to arrive. Then it was just a dusting, like icing on the cake so it seemed. Today we got more than that!

Shawn wore his Patriots jacket to the airport as we were leaving on our Honeymoon. When we arrived in San Fransisco, a passerby commented, asking how long he'd been a fan (as you'll all remember, the Patriots won their first Super Bowl the day after our wedding) and I will never forget his reply ...

"I got married on Saturday, the Patriots won the Super Bowl on Sunday, and tomorrow we're flying to Hawaii ... life doesn't get any better than this!" Mixed somewhere in there was Shawn's affirmation that he'd been a fan for a very long time :)

Due to the weather we aren't going out for a special dinner, but we are going to our bowling league, and we did shovel the driveway together earlier today (so romantic LOL). He's still my lighthouse, standing firm and guiding me. Here's to life in increments of 9!

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Congratulations on 9 years and here's to many many more! I'm glad to call you both my friends.

Manise said...

Happy Anniversary! Such a great story.

buggazigga said...

Happy anniversary !!!