Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Favorite Oscar Winning Films

Ok, so I'm afraid that this week's topic is a huge stretch for me. We aren't big movie-goers, sometimes seeing popular movies only once they've arrived on DirecTV (and not on pay-per-view, LOL). I went back and looked at all the Best Picture winners for the past 83 years and I've only seen twenty of them. Yup, 20. Roughly 1 out of every 4 ... so sad. Might have to finally bite the bullet and subscribe to NetFlix to cure this malady. But, that aside, it wasn't too hard to whittle down a list of 20 to my 10 favorites!

1. Casablanca ... my all time favorite movie. Ever.

2. Gone With The Wind ... tomorrow is another day!

3. The Sting ... I'm a sucker for anything with Paul Newman.

4. Silence of the Lambs ... so eerily creepy, so wonderfully suspenseful.

5. The Departed ... love Leo, and this one was a real, "Wow, didn't see that coming!" movie.

6. Driving Miss Daisy ... Morgan Freeman is one of my all time favorites!

7. Braveheart ... Mel Gibson with little to no clothing? Winner winner, chicken dinner!

8. Titanic ... I'm a sucker for an epic love story.

9. Forrest Gump ... I'm convinced that you could put Tom Hanks on a bare stage and have him read the phone book & he'd win an Oscar. I'll watch *anything* he's in.

10. The Sound of Music ... my Mom hated this movie, but I love it. It's so gloriously feel-good and you can't help but tap your toes & sing along to most of the songs :)

I feel kind of bad leaving out the other 10 movies I've actually seen, like Dances With Wolves, Rain Main, Bridge on the River Kwai, and Mutiny on the Bounty. I'm not so sad about leaving out a few others, like Rocky. I watched that under protest.

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

You can usually get all the Oscar winners at the library if you don't mind waiting a bit. It will save you the money you'd pay for Netflix.

Ann in the UP said...

Ohhhh, The Sting! I forgot all about it. I love it!

(I didn't do this meme, but I've enjoyed reading the entries for those of you who did. Some see every movie, and some of us see hardly any.) Quite a difference!

Nicole Werner said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. buy dvd into the badlands season 2

Blog Comment Backlinks said...

I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. buy dvd the x files season 11